FiringSquad is proud to officially launch our FiringSquad Products
section. Why, may you ask, did we create such a tool for our readers? We felt that there was no single resource on the 'net where a user can do their complete product research - whether it be to find specific information for a product, view the product's image, or read up on the reviews for the product. Our aim is to collate the most complete, comprehensive and accurate database of products that a hardcore gamer such as yourself would find invaluable.
Even though the section has been live for the last five or six months in the background (not many users know it exists yet), we have decided to officially launch and announce it, giving it better exposure and really push the content contained therein. With more than 4500 hardware products and counting, our Products database will likely have information on the item you are looking for whether it be LCD monitors, ATX cases, speakers, video cards, or even heat sinks. On the games side, however, we chose not to cover every game on the planet, but only the games that we hardcore gamers would care about, that's why titles like Pokemon, Deer Hunter or Backyard Football don't reside in our database.
In FS Products, we've combined the following features into one convenient bite-sized section on our site:
1. Product information, features and specs
2. FiringSquad's summary or quick take, or link to FiringSquad's article when applicable
3. Web Reviews and Averages / Web Reviews browser
4. User Reviews and Averages / Ability to comment on each others' reviews
5. Product Manufacturer's links for hardware
6. Game genre, publisher and developer links for games
6. Link to the Product's Official page
7. Links to screenshots for games or photo galleries for hardware
8. An image of the product or packaging, in high-resolution when available
9. An ability for users to submit Web reviews to be approved by FS Admin
10. View products by genre, rating, and platform for games
11. View products by category, manufacturer, sub-category for hardware
We will go over most of these features in the following pages of this in-depth article.
Product Highlights on FS Homepage
Links to Products from FS article page
Where are “Products”
Where, may you ask, will you find references to our Products section?
Homepage: Scroll down after the latest articles and FS Forums teaser, then you will find a set of Featured Products, some popular games and hardware will be shown here, giving you a quick glance of what is available.
Article Pages: Whenever an article is connected to a product, for example, a review of a game or piece of hardware, on the top of the left-hand-side column, there will be a way for you to read others' reviews, as well as post a user review of your own. Also there is a blurb from the latest user review here. In addition, in the top article navigation bar, there will also be a link to the products section via the :"Product Info" link.
An example of this would be the Doom 3 review.
Main Navigation Bar: The most convenient method to visit the Products section. Just take a look at the top of any page on the site, and there lies the "Products" link, in between the "Forums" and “Media” links.
Search: Located on every page on the site, you can enter a product name or model number in the Search box, and the results page will try to find what you searched for. For example, if you search for ‘ASUS’, you will get a results page filled with ASUS-related articles as well as products made by ASUS.
So, let’s take a look at a sample products page.