Team Fortress Classic Part 2
Click Here To Get the Table of Contents
For those of you fresh off the TFC Preview Part 1
, Valve has delayed release of Team Fortress Classic until Friday, April 2nd, one week after its intended launch. This decision was made mostly to fix up any outstanding bugs, and add a few new features and tweaks to gameplay.
At the very least, this delay has given us time to finish up Part 2, where I'll discuss the maps included in TFC and how true they remain not only to the original, but also to the TF spirit of play. Also, we'll get down and dirty with the TFC interface, and what the Half-Life engine adds to the game.
Update to Part 1
We've just got our hands on an updated version of the press pre-release! Instead of going back and changing the review, I'll just list all of the improvements that I've seen in this new version.
- You arm is now the color of the team you are on. Before your arm was the default Half-Life orange.
- Sentry guns are now team colored
- Sentry tracking has been improved (sentry guns and respawn turrets).
- Sentry damage has been increased.
- The Nailgun models have been replaced. Before the models where the Half-Life MP5, now they have their own unique model.
- Nail grenades now sound like the nail guns.
- Each type or grenade now has an individual icon. These icons appear in your HUD when you prime them.
- Demoman grenades do not fly as far.
- All of the maps have minor tweaks and fixes.
- The Engineer's railgun now looks like a Starwars blaster.
- The nail grenade blast radius is still large (that's for Robin)