Play it and watch it in HD with a Verto GeForce 8600 GTS HDCP-capable graphics card. Features full support of DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 for games, plus the ultimate HD movie experience with HD-DVD and Blu-ray movie playback capability.
• NVIDIA unified architecture with GigaThread technology
• Full Microsoft DirectX 10 Shader Model 4.0 support
• NVIDIA SLI-Ready
• 16x full-screen anti-aliasing
• True 128-bit floating point high dynamic-range (HDR) lighting
• NVIDIA Quantum Effects physics processing technology
• Two dual-link DVI outputs support two 2560x1600 resolution displays
• NVIDIA PureVideo HD technology
• HDCP Capable
• PCI Express support
• OpenGL 2.0 support
• NVIDIA ForceWare Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)
• Built for Microsoft Windows Vista
• Outputs: DVI+DVI+HDTV/S-Video
GeForce 8600 GTS Features & Benefits:
NVIDIA unified architecture: Fully unified shader core dynamically allocates processing power to geometry, vertex, physics, or pixel shading operations, delivering up to 2x the gaming performance of prior generation GPUs.
GigaThread Technology: Massively multi-threaded architecture supports thousands of independent, simultaneous threads, providing extreme processing efficiency in advanced, next generation shader programs.
Full Microsoft DirectX 10 Support: World’s first DirectX 10 GPU with full Shader Model 4.0 support delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects.
NVIDIA SLI Technology: Delivers up to 2x the performance of a single graphics card configuration for unequaled gaming experiences by allowing two cards to run in parallel. The must-have feature for performance PCI Express graphics, SLI technology dramatically scales performance on today’s hottest games.
NVIDIA Lumenex Engine: Delivers stunning image quality and floating point accuracy at ultra-fast frame rates:
• 16x Anti-aliasing: Lightning fast, high-quality anti-aliasing at up to 16x sample rates obliterates jagged edges.
• 128-bit floating point High Dynamic-Range (HDR): Twice the precision of prior generations for incredibly realistic lighting effects—now with support for anti-aliasing.
NVIDIA Quantum Effects Technology: Advanced shader processors architected for physics computation enable a new level of physics effects to be simulated and rendered on the GPU—all while freeing the CPU to run the game engine and AI.
NVIDIA ForceWare Unified Driver Architecture (UDA): Delivers a proven record of compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications. ForceWare provides the best out-of-box experience and delivers continuous performance and feature updates over the life of NVIDIA GeForce GPUs.
OpenGL 2.0 Optimizations and Support: Ensures top-notch compatibility and performance for OpenGL applications.
NVIDIA nView Multi-Display Technology: Advanced technology provides the ultimate in viewing flexibility and control for multiple monitors.
PCI Express Support: Designed to run perfectly with the PCI Express bus architecture, which doubles the bandwidth of AGP 8X to deliver over 4 GB/sec. in both upstream and downstream data transfers.
Dual 400MHz RAMDACs: Blazing-fast RAMDACs support dual QXGA displays with ultra-high, ergonomic refresh rates–up to 2048x1536@85Hz.
Dual Dual-link DVI Support: Able to drive the industry’s largest and highest resolution flat-panel displays up to 2560x1600.
Built for Microsoft Windows Vista: NVIDIA’s fourth-generation GPU architecture built for Windows Vista gives users the best possible experience with the Windows Aero 3D graphical user interface.
NVIDIA PureVideo HD Technology: The combination of high-definition video decode acceleration and post-processing that delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for movies and video.
• Discrete, Programmable Video Processor: NVIDIA PureVideo is a discrete programmable processing core in NVIDIA GPUs that provides superb picture quality and ultra-smooth movies with low CPU utilization and power.
• Hardware Decode Acceleration: Provides ultra-smooth playback of H.264, VC-1, WMV and MPEG-2 HD and SD movies.
• HDCP Capable: Designed to meet the output protection management (HDCP) and security specifications of the Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD formats, allowing the playback of encrypted movie content on PCs when connected to HDCP-compliant displays.
• Spatial-Temporal De-Interlacing: Sharpens interlaced content on progressive displays, delivering a crisp, clear picture that rivals high-end home-theater systems.
• High-Quality Scaling: Enlarges lower resolution movies and videos to HDTV resolutions, up to 1080i, while maintaining a clear, clean image. Also provides downscaling of videos, including high-definition, while preserving image detail.
• Inverse Telecine (3:2 & 2:2 Pulldown Correction): Recovers original film images from films-converted-to-video, providing more accurate movie playback and superior picture quality.
• Bad Edit Correction: When videos are edited after they have been converted from 24 to 25 or 30 frames, the edits can disrupt the normal 3:2 or 2:2 pulldown cadence. PureVideo uses advanced processing techniques to detect poor edits, recover the original content, and display perfect picture detail frame after frame for smooth, natural looking video.
• Video Color Correction: NVIDIA’s Color Correction Controls, such as Brightness, Contrast and Gamma Correction let you compensate for the different color characteristics of various RGB monitors and TVs ensuring movies are not too dark, overly bright, or washed out regardless of the video format or display type.
• Integrated SD and HD TV Output: Provides world-class TV-out functionality via Composite, S-Video, Component, or DVI connections. Supports resolutions up to 1080p depending on connection type and TV capability.
• Noise Reduction: Improves movie image quality by removing unwanted artifacts.
• Edge Enhancement: Sharpens movie images by providing higher contrast around lines and objects.
BUS Technology: PCI Express
Memory Amount: 256 MB DDR3
Memory Interface: 128-bit
Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec.): 32.0
Fill Rate (billion pixels/sec.): 10.8
Stream Processors: 32
Shader Clock (MHz): 1450 MHz
Core Clock (MHz): 675 MHz
Memory Frequency (effective): 2000 MHz
Processor NVIDIA 8600 GTS
RAM Standard 256MB
RAM Type GDDR3
Video, maximum resolution 2560 x 1600
Software Details Microsoft Windows 2000, XP
Additional details Minimum System Requirements:
Intel or AMD compatible motherboard
At least 512MB system RAM
1 6-pin supplementary power connectors
A minimum 350W system power supply
A PCI Express compliant motherboard
50MB of available hard disk space
CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
VGA or DVI-I compatible monitor
Interface type PCI Express Full
Manufacturer Part # VCG86GTSXPB
Parts Warranty 1 year
Labor Warranty 1 year
Warranty Details Additional 2 years upon completion of a registration form on PNY's website.
Package Contents 8600 GTS 256MB PCIE graphics card, Quick Installation Guide, CD (includes: Detailed Installation Guide (PDF File), NVIDIA Forceware Drivers, Microsoft DirectX 9.0c, NVIDIA GeForce Demos, PNY and NVIDIA Desktop Wallpapers), 2 DVI-to-VGA Adapters, S-Video Cable, HDTV Break-out Pod, “Y” Adapter Power Cable