Today, Integrated graphics controller is in hot pursuit with discrete graphics. MSI, top-tier leader in motherboard and graphics card industry, today debuts MSI RS3M, Socket 478 mainboard based on ATi Radeon 9100 IGP and IXP150 chipset. Supporting the latest Intel Pentium4 and upcoming Prescott processor, RS3M comes with 2 DIMM slots which support up to 2GB of Dual Channel DDR400 (PC3200), DDR333 (PC2700) and DDR266 (PC2100) SDRAM.
Unbalanced memory channel support means that user can install memory with different capacity and activate dual channel as well.
RS3M equips Radeon 9200 (RV280) based 3D engine, supporting DirectX 8.1 and Pixel Shader 1.4, operates at 250MHz graphics clock. Its 3DMark2003 benchmark score was almost 3 times over GeForce4 MX440-8X, equals to FX5200 64bit version.
For hardcore 3D gamer, MSI RS3M provides great system performance as 865PE Neo2. RS3M additionally supports ATi SurroundView™ technology that could simultaneously triple display with internal and external graphics controllers.
RS3M was IEEE1394-Ready (optional) at mean time. Three port supported max.
SPDIF digital audio output and 5.1 channel Audio integrated to RS3M allows users who want quality sound effects to realize the home theater dream by simply connecting six speakers to the output. It is ideal for enjoying 3D games and cinemas.
Besides one AGP 8x slot, three standard PCI slots, RS3m is delivered with Live Update™ 3 utilities, which are exclusively designed by MSI for friendly operation and easy maintenance.
Live Update™ 3-it has integrated MSI's Live BIOS™, Live Driver™, Live VGA BIOS™, Live VGA Driver™ and Live Utility™ into one single utility for automatic BIOS and Driver updates. Advanced users may set the time for automatic BIOS, Driver and MSI Utility updates and receive the latest information about MSI products and activities to enjoy support from MSI.
• Socket 478 for Intel® Pentium4 processors (Northwood/Prescott) at 400/533/800MHz
or Celeron processors.
• Supports up to 3.4GHz and higher speed.
• Supports Intel® Hyper-Threading™ processors.
• ATI® Radeon 9100 IGP Chipset
- Supports AGP 8x/4x at 0.8V (AGP 3.0) or 4x at 1.5V
- Supports TV-out (optional)
- Supports ATI SurroundView with external AGP graphics card
- ATI® RADEON 9100 graphic controller Integrated
- Supports 400/533/800MHz FSB
• ATI® IXP150 Chipset
- AC'97 2.2 interface
- 6 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 2 channel Ultra ATA33/66/100 Bus Master IDE controller
• Dual channel 128-bit DDR SDRAM memory interface
• Supports two 184-pin unbuffered DDR200/266/333/400 DIMMs
• Supports up to 2GB memory size without ECC
• One AGP3.0 8x/4x Slot
• Three PCI 2.2 32-bit Master PCI Bus slots
• One CNR slot (optional)
• Dual IDE controllers integrated in ATI® IXP150
• Support Bus Master, Ultra DMA 33/66/100 operation modes
• Can connect up to four IDE devices
• 6 channels software audio codec Realtek® ALC655.
- Supports SPDIF-In/Out via S-Bracket pin header
• Integrated ATI® RADEON 9100 graphic controller
• Realtek® RTL8100C 10/100 LAN
- Supports Wake-On-LAN
• VIA® VT6307 PCI Controller with integrated PHY
On-Board Peripherals include:
- 1 floppy port supports 2 FDDs with 360K, 720K, 1.2M, 1.44M and 2.88Mbytes
- 1 serial port and 1 VGA port
- 1 parallel port
- 6 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (Rear x 4 ports / Front x 1 header for 2 ports)
- 3 audio ports in vertical
- Two 1394 ports (Rear x 1/ Front x 1 header) (optional)
- one RJ-45 LAN Jack
• The mainboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and
expansion cards of the board automatically.
• The mainboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your
• 24.4 cm(L) x 23.5 cm(W) MicroATX Form Factor
• 6 mounting holes