Biostar Overclock Contest Posted 57 months ago
Congratulations to Micutzu for winning 1st place, Monstru for 2nd place, and Boblemagnifique for 3rd Place.
We want to thank all the participants for doing an excellent job and making this such a competitive challenge. You guys are the best overclockers in the world and we love what you do.
Do you think you can overclock? Well here's your chance to win US$2,500
if you are the best.
Here are the rules.
$2500 CASH TO WIN !!!
The competition will be hosted on FiringSquad to all overclockers in the USA, Canada, and the EU. The event will be divided into two rounds:
ROUND (1)September 11 through September 30. open to anybody with Biostar motherboard based on any Intel chipset.
ROUND (2)November 10 through November 17 (official). Top 10 contestants from Round 1 using Biostar TPower I45 motherboard
Qualification of Participants:
1. Participants must be at least 16 years old.
2. Residents in the countries of USA, Canada, or the European Union.
Enter Our Competition
1: Register by joining this cluster. You have to join before posting any results!
2: Create a media blog of your own and post all necessary data within that media blog. Make sure you post the media blog in this cluster. If you don't, you won't be eligible. In your media blog, you'll need:
(A) Screenshots showing Super Pi Mod 8M score (seconds) & CPU-Z CPU frequency (MHz)
(B)Official CPU-Z Validation Web page link
(C)CPU & motherboard pictures
(D)Your comments describing your experience of overclocking Biostar board.
3: Your final score will be calculated by the event�s moderator.
The final score is based on the following formula: the frequency of overclocked CPU (MHz) is divided by �Super Pi� score (seconds). The final score counts in event�s ranking (Keeping three numbers after decimal point, 4th number will be rounded off).
1. TOP 10 contestants of round 1 will receive TPower I45 mainboard
2. Winner of round 2 will receive US$2,500
3. Two runners up of round 2 will receive consolation price (Biostar TPower I45 mainboard, Biostar Sigma Gate 9600GT VGA card and Corsair DDR2-1066MHz 4GB memory kit)
Rules and Regulations
4. No posting of old results. All CPU-Z verification links must have a date on or after September 11th, 2008
5. Participants are required to post pictures of their motherboard and CPU throughout the competition along with benchmark results screenshots and validation link to CPU-Z database:
6. The competition winners will be picked from all eligible entries that arrive by midnight of the closing day of each round.
7. Winners of each round are chosen by the best results obtained in CPU-Z (highest Core Speed) and Super Pi Mod 8M (lowest time). The end-result is combination of those two factors.
8. All means of cooling are permitted in both rounds of the competitions.
9. Only one entry is permitted per person.
10. Biostar will do everything to ensure a speedy delivery of the award. The winners will be notified by email no later than 14 days after the closing date.
11. The winner of round 2 will be awarded US$2,500 or equivalent in their local currency.
12. Biostar reserves the right to refuse entry into the competition and any entrant found falsifying results will be instantly disqualified.
13. Entering the competition is at your own risk. Biostar does not accept any responsibility or issue guarantee on parts used for the overclocking competition. No responsibility will be taken for lost entries..
14. In the event of any dispute, the judges� decision is final.
15. By submitting the entry, you have confirmed your acceptance of the terms and conditions.